Valentine's Day in a box
As my friends have spread out across the globe I find myself wanting to send little surprise packages to them in the mail every now and again. Although distance permits us from seeing each other often, I want them to know I am still thinking of them. For Valentine's Day I thought it would be fun to put together a few packages to send to some of my favorite ladies. I like to think there is nothing more exciting then receiving an unexpected package in the mail and I hope these ladies feel the same way.
It is really simple to put together a Valentine/surprise box. Here are a few ideas:
- Washi tape. I use this stuff for everything. It comes in a variety of colors and is always a welcome addition in my house.
- Candy. You really cannot go wrong with something sweet. If you live locally, my favorite spot for sweets is The Confectionary at University Village.
- Cupcake liners. In the past I have sent along boxes of cake mix too, but sometimes it is just fun to send cupcake liners that they can fill with the cake of their choosing.
- Paper straws and napkins. Pretty paper straws and napkins are far from necessities which make them a fun treat to include inside a box.
- Balloons. Kids of all ages like balloons. Polka dot or heart ones are especially festive this time of year.
- Bags. Paper bags seem to be my go to for gift giving as of late. I find you can never have enough or the right sized ones on hand.
- Lidded jars. The perfect item to keep your sweets stashed away from the rest of the family or to put a few of your treasures in.
Box all this up with some festive tissue paper and you have a festive box someone will be happy to receive!