Christmas in Seattle
There are so many great reasons to venture downtown this time of year. If you time it right you will not have to brave the crowds or fight for a parking spot. Here are some of my favorite Christmas traditions:
1. Pike Place Market Christmas Lights- wander around the market with hot chocolate in hand as you check out the Christmas lights which include a pig drawn sleigh and various fruits and vegetables. Particularly after a good rain the streets are glossy and the produce some brilliant reflection for photographs.
2. Westlake Center Tree and Macy star- walk under thousands of twinkle lights adorning the trees while you eat freshly baked donuts and keep your eye out for that one bright star.
3. Argosy Christmas Ships- Enjoy dinner on the wharf before you leave Pier 55 to enjoy expansive views of the city while singing and dancing the night away to Christmas music both live and recorded.
4. Sheraton Gingerbread Houses- Each year architectural and engineering firms team up with a chef to create gingerbread masterpieces. Every year the theme is different and consists of 4-6 gingerbread houses.
5. Westlake Carousel- There is something extra magical about riding a carousel which is temporarily planted in a busy pedestrian area. The ride is inexpensive and all proceeds go to benefit a local charity.
Seattle on Dwellable